What they needed
There has been a growing interest in the greenhouse floriculture industry in Integrated Pest Management (the use of insects to control pests instead of pesticides ). A group of Professors and Investigators at Cornell University wanted to create a mobile app that would allow workers in the greenhouses to collect data in the field to evaluate the greenhouse conditions and to find the ideal beneficial insect for their specific problem.
What we used
The app features include:
- Index of Pests and Beneficials with cross references.
- Manual or QR code input of field data.
- Population Reports graph.
- Searchable database of Pesticide interactions with Beneficials.
- Instructions on best use.
Working with GORGES has helped us to create a much more useful and interactive application than we had envisioned. The open discussions and exchange of suggestions - even when we were sometimes speaking different technical languages – led to an app that is valuable to greenhouse growers around the world.