What they needed
There has been a growing interest in the greenhouse floriculture industry in Integrated Pest Management (the use of insects to control pests instead of pesticides ). A group of Professors and Investigators at Cornell University wanted to create a mobile app that would allow workers in the greenhouses to collect data in the field to evaluate the greenhouse conditions and to find the ideal beneficial insect for their specific problem.
What we used
The app features include:
- Index of Pests and Beneficials with cross references.
- Manual or QR code input of field data.
- Population Reports graph.
- Searchable database of Pesticide interactions with Beneficials.
- Instructions on best use.